1. Where can I find H2O+ bath products I used during my stay at a Disney property or Disney Cruise?
- We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed H2O+ bath amenity products during your stay at a Disney® Resort, Disney® Hotel, or Disney® Cruise Line! Please visit Disney Store on-line to purchase your favorite H2O+ bath product and click here to go directly to their website.
NOTE: Bath Aquatics sold on DisneyStore.com is our Natural Spring formulation.
2. Why have you changed all your products?
- We are never satisfied with the status quo, always challenging ourselves to provide the best possible products to our customers. Our new products reflect our commitment to create even cleaner formulas that deliver real results without compromising on the sensory experience of color, scent and texture. Our new packaging embodies our brand’s character of being vibrant with a deliberate effort made to utilize recyclable materials.
In 2020, we took our commitment to ‘shake things up’ a step further with our Clean Conscience standards. Products with this seal are formulated with natural fragrances and are compliant with EU Cosmetic Regulations banning 1600+ ingredients. You can learn more about our Clean Conscience standards here.
3. Why did H2O+ develop the Clean Conscience standard?
- H2O+ Clean Conscience standard was developed with the goal of creating clean products that deliver real results without compromising on the sensory experience of look, feel, and scent. To realize this vision, we tapped our team of experts in Japan who have 90 years of experience developing skincare.
In addition to applying the expertise of some of the most discerning product developers in the beauty industry, we looked at EU ingredient guidelines, some of the strictest regulations in the world, as a guide to help us curate a list of clean ingredients. The results are one of the highest ingredient standards in the industry, with the results and amazing experience you can expect from H2O+.
We make a conscious effort to use only intentionally curated ingredients, meaning we include ingredients that are effective without being potentially harmful.
Formulated without parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, sulfates (including SLS and SLES), EDTAs, ethanolamines, formaldehydes and formaldehyde releasing agents, mineral oil, and a constantly evolving list of 1,600+ unwanted ingredients compliant with EU Cosmetic Regulations.
4. Do you test on animals?
- We never test our products on animals. H2O+ does not conduct, commission or act as a party to test ingredients or finished products on animals. Additionally, H2O+ does not sell products into countries that require animal testing for cosmetic products.
5. Why do you discontinue products?
- The decision to edit our product assortment is made with careful consideration and research. We take into consideration important factors, such as customer preferences, purchasing patterns, and overall product performance to ensure we deliver high performing products that will effectively target skin care concerns. All of our available and current product can be found on www.h2oplus.com
Please email us and we'll be happy to offer product recommendations that will help meet your skin care needs.
6. What is the shelf life/expiration date of your products?
- All unopened H2O+ products have a standard shelf life of three years if stored under normal storage conditions. Meaning they are good for use for 3 years after the product is manufactured. The Period After Opening symbol (PAO) found on the back of packaging indicates the life of the product once opened for use. As an example, “12M” would mean the product shelf life is 12 months after the container is opened.
7. Are your products vegan-friendly?
- Our products are not certified vegan. We strive to thoughtfully select ingredients based on safety, efficacy and performance. Our Age Renew Eye Cream does contain beeswax, a proven safe and effective ingredient for topical skincare applications. All other products do not contain any animal-derived ingredients. A complete list of our product ingredients can be found on the product pages on our website.
8. Are your products safe for pregnant women?
- If you are pregnant, prior to trying a new product, please consult your physician and review the ingredients list for the product. H2O+ is dedicated to the health and well-being of our customers and we only use ingredients that are FDA approved and safety tested.
9. Can I use your products if I have sensitive skin?
- Our Hydration Sensitive System features non-irritating formulas to help address sensitive skin characteristics such as redness, discomfort, and dryness. Sensitive skin is often caused by an immature (or weakened) features non-irritating formulas to help address sensitive skin characteristics such as redness, discomfort and dryness.
Hydration Sensitive Gel Moisturizer is designed to provide high levels of hydration to dry skin - more than 20% of the moisturizer formula consists of “humectants” to help support a healthy skin barrier.
In clinical trials, the Hydration Sensitive Gel Moisturizer more than doubled the moisture content in the skin, with 90% of sensitive skin participants reporting that their skin felt soft, and 83% of participants reported feeling smooth. This line was developed with our skincare experts in Japan, and is designed to help optimize hydration levels while soothing and protecting skin from irritations to help it look and feel healthy. The Hydration Sensitive collection is free from parabens, petrolatum, phthatales, SLS, SLES, EDTA, ethanolamies, formaldehydes and formaldehyde releasing agents, mineral oil, and synthetic fragrances.
If your skin is sensitive to specific ingredients, we recommend that you review the ingredients list on our website, or on our packaging, with your dermatologist or physician. Discontinue use immediately if irritation occurs.
10. Are there any plans to bring back the Mariel Eau de Parfum?
- The Mariel Eau de Parfum has been permanently edited from our product assortment and it will not be offered in the future.
11. How do I know what ingredients are in my H2O+ product?
-You may find a full list of ingredients for H2O+ products on our website under each product page and on our packaging. If you have questions regarding specific ingredients disclosed on our packaging, please consult with a dermatologist or your physician before using a new skin care and/or body product.
TIP:Product formulations are subject to change. Therefore, the ingredients list on the packaging will provide the most up-to-date product information.
I experienced a skin reaction, what should I do? Please consult with your physician right away and discontinue use. For additional information pertaining to the ingredients used in H2O+ products, please contact our Customer Support Team at 800-242-2284, Monday-Friday, from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Central Time, or email us, and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.
12. Are your products non-comedogenic?
- H2O+ products have not been tested as non-comedogenic. Our facial skincare products follow our Clean Conscience guidelines and all our products comply with FDA cosmetic standards. Our products are dermatologist-tested and go through rigorous safety testing. We also conduct clinical efficacy testing on almost all of our facial skincare products. Everyone’s skin is different, so we always recommend you consult your dermatologist before trying a new product. Our full ingredient lists and relevant clinical study results can be found on the product pages on our website.
13. Which cleanser is recommend for acne-prone skin? Can the products be used on acne-prone skin?
- Our products are not designed to treat or prevent acne. We do recommend our Hydration Sensitive products for irritated, dry and sensitive skin. Everyone's skin is different, so we always recommend you consult your dermatologist before trying a new product. Our full ingredient lists can be found on the product pages on our website.
14. Is the packaging recyclable?
- We make deliberate efforts to utilize recyclable materials, such as switching many of our products to easily recyclable glass.
15. Are you Leaping Bunny certified? Are you looking into Leaping Bunny certification?
- We are not yet Leaping Bunny Certified. We follow the guidelines (please see our question on “do you test on animals”) and hope to explore Leaping Bunny Certification in the future.
16. Why did we not exclude nuts?
- We do include certain plant-based ingredients such as olive and palm oil, both of which are technically derived from nuts (a general term for edible fruits and seeds wrapped in a hard shell) to deliver on an elevated sensory experience with our formulas. We have chosen to continue to include these types of nut derived ingredients because they deliver excellent benefits to the formulation and have been historically safe for most individuals. Please consult our published list of ingredients. If there are certain nut-derived ingredients you are sensitive to and would prefer us not include in the future, we welcome your feedback. If you have specific nut allergies, we recommend that you review the ingredients list on our website, or on our packaging, with your dermatologist or physician.
17. What type of colorants are you using? And are they safe?
- We use only U.S. FDA approved synthetic colorants with an EWG Skin Deep rating of 4 or lower (the EWG rating is a scale that determines the relative level of concern posed by exposure to the ingredient with 1 being “best” to 10 being “worst”).
18. What allergens are included in the Clean Conscience products?
- While our goal is to develop a line that are safe to use for most people, allergies can occur at any time from a variety of causes. All of our known fragrance allergens are disclosed. If your skin is sensitive to specific ingredients, we recommend that you review the ingredients list on our website, or on our packaging, with your dermatologist or physician.
19. What’s next for your move to Clean Conscience?
-We continuously screen for latest information safety information on ingredients and update our Clean Conscience standards database to reflect any developments in terms of safety and regulation.
20. What does “clean beauty” mean to H2O+?
-H2O+ Clean Conscience means that our team carefully selects clean, effective ingredients that comply with some of the strictest standards, including EU Cosmetic Regulations. We ensure our products are tested extensively for safety and we never, ever test our products on animals.
21. How did H2O+ develop their Clean Conscience standard?
-Our main priority is to make products that are effective, clean and feel amazing. Our teams adhere to rigorous Japanese quality standards and strict EU Cosmetic Regulations. Most of our skincare products are tested through independent third-party laboratories to give you unbiased, trusted results.
22. What is your Hydro Amino Infusion? What’s in it?
- Hydro-Amino Infusion is our proprietary hydration technology, which is inspired by the life-promoting properties of amniotic fluid, a two-part blend that optimizes hydration levels and promotes healthy-looking skin plus a unique skin boost technology:
“Hydro”: a triple hydration blend comprised of Trehalose, Ceramide Lipids and Chamomile Extract, which helps maintain moisture
“Amino”: an energizing blend of five Amino Acids to helps strengthen the skin’s foundation by providing deep nourishment.
23. What is our Clean Conscience standard?
- Formulated without Parabens, Petrolatum, Phthalates, Sulfates (including SLS and SLES), EDTAs, Ethanolamines, Formaldehydes and Formaldehyde releasing agents, Mineral Oil, and a constantly evolving list of 1,367+ unwanted ingredients compliant with EU Cosmetic Regulations.
Products bearing this seal are:
EU Cosmetic Regulation Compliant: Currently the US only bans a handful ingredients, while Europe leads the way with 1,600+ that are not allowed for cosmetic use. Formulated with natural fragrances (ISO certified) and synthetic color with an EWG Skin Deep rating of 4 or lower (The EWG rating is a scale that determines the relative level of concern posed by exposure to the ingredient with 1 being “best” to 10 being “worst”) We make deliberate efforts to utilize recyclable materials, such as switching many of our jars and tubes to easily recyclable glass. Not tested on animals. H2O+ does not conduct, commission or act as a party to test ingredients or finished products on animals.
24. What is our screening process for ensuring prohibited ingredients are not in the formulas?
- We evaluate ingredient lists during product development and upon formula completion to ensure all formulas meet our stringent Clean Conscience standards, as needed, we send feedback to formulators to modify.
25. What ingredients are excluded from your formulas?
- Products bearing our Clean Conscience seal are:
EU Cosmetic Regulation Compliant: Currently the U.S. only bans a handful ingredients, while Europe leads the way with 1,367+ that are not allowed for cosmetic use Formulated with natural fragrances (ISO certified) and synthetic color with an EWG Skin Deep rating of 4 or lower (The EWG rating is a scale that determines the relative level of concern posed by exposure to the ingredient with 1 being “best” to 10 being “worst”) Feature ingredients that are not tested on animals.
Our Hydration Sensitive, Hydration Oasis, Hydration Age Renew, and Detox product lines and all future products with the Clean Conscience seal are formulated without Parabens, Petrolatum, Phthalates, Sulfates (including SLS and SLES), EDTAs, Ethanolamines, Formaldehydes and Formaldehyde releasing agents, Mineral Oil, and a constantly evolving list of 1,367+ unwanted ingredients compliant with EU Cosmetic Regulations.
26. Are the products tested by a dermatologist?
- We carry out dermatologist-testing for all of our products. However, not all products are tested in the same way. For most of our products, an RIPT (Repeated Insult Patch Test) is performed. Our Hydration Sensitive line, a sensitive-RIPT was performed with subjects with self-claimed sensitive skin. Only the latter group of products indicate "dermatologist-tested" so customers with sensitive skin can rest assured these formulas are appropriate for their skin. If your skin is sensitive to specific ingredients, we recommend that you review the ingredients list on our website, or on our packaging, with your dermatologist or physician.
27. Are the products oil-free?
- Some of our products are oil-free and some are not. We use a combination of carefully selected natural and synthetic ingredients based on their safety, efficacy, and skin compatibility profiles. Some products contain nourishing plant oils while other products contain a blend of oil-free emollients and humectants with great moisturizing and hydration benefits. A complete list of our product ingredients can be found on the product pages on our website.
Products that are oil-free: Hydration Sensitive Collection, Hydration Oasis Collection, Age Renew Hydro Serum.
Products that contain plant-based oils: Age Renew Night Mask, Age Renew Eye Cream, Age Renew N&D, Detox Collection, Sea Salt Body Collection, Eucalyptus & Aloe Body Collection.
1. How do I become a distributor/retailer?
- Thank you for your interest in becoming an approved retail distributor for H2O+ products! Please contact our Sales Support Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Do you provide free samples?
- Free product samples are not available for general distribution. Product samples may be offered with promotional offers, or as a gift with purchase, and added to your on-line order upon check-out.
3. Do you have a rewards program?
- We are taking some time to evaluate the program while we re-imagine an online shopping experience that is easy to use, fun, and rewarding. We’re not sure exactly what that will look like yet but we think you will be pleasantly surprised! We welcome your thoughts on what matters most to you, both in an online shopping experience and a rewards program. Feel free to reach out via email and follow us on Facebook and Instagram for updates!
4. Is your website secure?
- All one-time purchase transactions are processed through Shopify payments, and are secure and encrypted. All subscription transactions are processed through Stripe, and are secure and encrypted.
1. How can I become an affiliate partner with H2O+?
- You can sign up for our affiliate program here: Affiliate Program